Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, is the perfect summer destination for those who love the outdoors, Amish culture, and delicious food. Here are the top five things to do during the summer in Lancaster County, PA.
1. Visit Amish Attractions: Lancaster County is home to many Amish attractions, including Amish farms, museums, and markets. Visit the Amish Village and take a guided tour to learn about Amish traditions and lifestyles. You can also visit the Lancaster Central Market, the oldest continuously operating farmers' market in the country, to try local produce and baked goods.
2. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: Enjoy stunning views of the countryside from a hot air balloon. A hot air balloon ride is a unique experience that will give you a different perspective of the beautiful Lancaster County. You can book a ride with the United States Hot Air Balloon Team
3. Hike and Bike the Trails: Lancaster County has many trails for hiking and biking, offering breathtaking views of the rolling hills, farmlands, and covered bridges. Explore the Rock Run Preserve, Enola Low Grade Trail, or Northwest Lancaster County River Trail. You can rent bikes from local shops like Intercourse Bike Works, and if you're not sure which trail to explore, ask for directions and recommendations.
4. Try Delicious Food and Beverages: Lancaster County is famous for its food and beverages, from Pennsylvania Dutch classics to craft beer and wine. Do not miss out on the famous shoofly pie and soft pretzels, or satisfy your thirst with a cold beer at Lancaster Brewing Company. If you're a wine enthusiast, visit the Lancaster Wine Trail and taste local wines at vineyards like Waltz Vineyards.
5. Attend a Music or Arts Festival: During the summer, Lancaster County hosts many music and arts festivals, showcasing the area's cultural diversity. Attend the Long's Park Art and Craft Festival, the Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show, or the Ephrata Fair for a taste of local culture and entertainment.
Lancaster County is a vibrant and exciting destination during the summer, with many activities for all ages and interests. Whether you want to connect with nature, learn about Amish culture, or indulge in delicious food and beverages, Lancaster County is the perfect place to do it. Don't be afraid to reach out to us and ask our own personal recommendations!